Members of Daily Roto Sharks, I’ve got some great news for all of you.
I’m honored to be able to present you with today’s the MLB Notes from one of the Best minds in the DFS Industry. My good friend from our beloved Buckey State, Crazy Gabey has been so kind to allow us to share his daily MLB Notes with all of you here at Daily Roto Sharks. If you’ve never heard of Crazy Gabey, first, where have you been? Secondly, you can follow him on Twitter @ and you can also listen to his Daily Podcast over on www.RotoGrinders.com
Here is the link from the RG Podcast this morning, which you can listen to while following along with the Notes below
Here are Gabey’s own notes for Today’s MLB Slate
Thanks again Gabey, we very much appreciate you allow us to share this here.
MLB NOTES: THURSDAY JULY 30th
ATL at PHI
- ATL 25th vs RHP & 27th overall last 30 days.
- PHI 30th vs RHP but 9th overall last 30 days.
- Shelby headed for regression, but I’ll chance it for one more night.
- Harang 1.02 HR/9. Allowing .337 wOBA to LHB.
PIT at CIN
- PIT just 16th vs LHP, but McCutchen/Marte/Cervelli are a deadly combo.
- Burnett K-rate regressing as predicted, due to below average SwSt%. Allowing a 32.9 Hard%.
- Holmberg not an MLB pitcher.
COL at STL
- STL 23rd vs LHP & 26th overall last 30 days.
- COL 103 wRC+ vs RHP.
- Rooster 9.8% BB-rate the only knock on an otherwise pristine profile. When his 86 LOB% comes back down to earth, the .323 wOBA allowed to LHB will catch up w/ his ERA a bit.
- Rusin .345+ wOBA vs both sides of the plate.
CHC at MIL
- CHC 28th vs RHP & 30th overall last 30 days w/ a 22.7% K-rate.
- MIL 2nd overall last 30 days.
- Nelson K% has regressed, but still has some room for upside w/ his 10.6 SwSt%. 8.5% BB-rate not helping things. Allowing a .372 wOBA to LHB.
KAN at TOR
- TOR 1st vs LHP.
- KAN 7th vs RHP & 8th last 30 days.
- Estrada has room for K% growth due to 10.8 SwSt%, but that night is not tonight. Low BABIP vs both sides of the plate mean regression is on the way.
- Duffy 8.9% BB-rate w/ a 33.5 Hard%. Allowing a .333 wOBA to RHB. Struggles vs LHB are purely BABIP driven.
DET at BAL
- BAL 10th vs RHP but just 24th overall last 30 days w/ a 23.2% K-rate.
- DET 3rd vs RHP & 3rd overall last 30 days.
- Miguel allowing inflated 1.53 HR/9 but xFIP is actually higher than his ERA. Allowing a .320-ish wOBA to both sides of the plate.
- Simon allowing a 33.2 Hard% & a .388 wOBA to LHB.
CWS at BOS
- BOS 24th vs LHP & 21st overall last 30 days.
- CWS surging of late, 16th overall last 30 days and climbing after last night.
- Wright allowing 1.71 HR/9 on 35 Hard%. Giving it up to both sides of the plate, but a .343 wOBA allowed to RHB on .217 BABIP means a MASSIVE reverse split could be lurking.
- Sale is from another planet w/ his 32.3% K-rate backed by a 15.4 SwSt%.
NYY at TEX
- NYY 4th vs RHP & 5th overall last 30 days.
- TEX middle of the pack vs RHP, but have choice bats in the heart of the lineup.
- Gallardo pitching to contact w/ an 8.9% BB-rate. It will catch up at some point.
- Pineda 23.9% K-rate backed by a 12.2 SwSt%, but allowing around a .320 wOBA to both sides of the plate, albeit w/ a whacky RHB BABIP.
LAA at HOU
- LAA 8th vs LHP & 1st overall last 30 days.
- HOU 5th vs RHP w/ a 24.8% K-rate & 7th overall last 30 days w/ just a 20.4% K-rate.
- Kazmir’s insanely low BABIP vs both sides of the plate is fueling his dominance. This could be a matchup for regression if Trout plays.
- Shoemaker allowing 1.58 HR/9 on inflated 13.6 HR/FB% & a .325+ wOBA to both sides of the plate.
SEA at MIN
- MIN crushing w/ Sano in lineup, & the tools to be great vs LHP if they put it together.
- SEA 4th overall last 30 days, which is a complete role-reversal from 30-40 days ago.
- Hughes allowing 1.58 HR/9 on a 31.5 Hard%. Reverse split seems mostly BABIP driven. Allowing a .353 wOBA to RHB, but a .317 wOBA to LHB keeps them in play too.
- Happ showed HUGE reverse split last season, but .322 wOBA allowed to RHB this season w/ LHB wOBA mainly BABIP induced.
CLE at OAK
- CLE in freefall after starting the year top-5 vs RHP. 20th overall last 30 days.
- OAK similar, as they were top-5 vs RHP but have since fallen & are now 28th overall last 30 days.
- Bassitt luck w/ 4.5 HR/FB% so far. High 4’s ERA hurler.
- Carrasco owns a MASSIVE 27.5% K-rate backed by a 13.3 SwSt%. BABIP, LOB%, 31.9 Hard%, & CLE DEF all conspiring against him. TRUST the skills.