Gabey is back again with a great breakdown of tonights massive MLB Slate. Tuesday’s are always huge days for DFS MLB and tonight is no different. With 15 games on the main slate, its going to take some time to break this all down. Well, Gabey and Hoop do a great job of that for us today, breaking down each game 1-by-1 for you below.
Once again, I’m thrilled to be able to give you these thought from one of the Best minds in the DFS Industry. My good friend and fellow Buckey, Crazy Gabey has been so kind to allow us to share his daily MLB Notes with all of you here at Daily Roto Sharks. You can follow him on Twitter @ and you can also listen to his Daily Podcast over on www.RotoGrinders.com
Here is the link to today’s podcast. I suggest you print out the notes below and follow along;
COL at NYM
- Park-adjusted COL has been great vs RHP. 23% K-rate though.
- Impossible to gauge exactly who this Mets team is right now.
- Harvey has developed a definite 1 HR/9 issue this year. Allowing a .313 wOBA to LHB on a .253 BABIP.
- Rusin is TERRIBLE vs everyone.
MIL at CHC
- CHC owns a poor offense and a 24% K-rate.
- MIL offense struggling w/ the loss of CarGo and Parra.
- Haren allowing 1.5 HR/9 on a lot of hard contact. Luck peripherals have kept him from a gas can ERA. AWFUL vs LHB, and BABIP suggests he’ll be terrible vs RHB too.
PIT at STL
- STL offense is slowly turning things around.
- PIT is firing on all cylinders after starting the season off slow.
- Rooster’s 9.4% BB-rate and wOBA vs LHB remain the lone blemishes on his profile.
- Locke struggling with BB% again. Terrible vs LHB.
PHI at ARI
- PHI offense has been pathetic vs RHP. Still riding a bit of a hot streak over the last 60 days.
- Buchanan allowing lots of hard contact and lots of BB.
- Hellickson has been awful vs everyone.
- Buchanan terrible vs everyone.
WAS at LAD
- WAS struggling over the last 45 days, and not great vs RHP to begin with.
- LAD very strong vs RHP.
- Greinke inducing a ton of soft contact, which would seem to be a reason for his recent success, and the reason for his BABIP success.
- Ross struggling against LHB.
CIN at SD
- SD is hopelessly bad, especially vs RHP.
- Lorenzen giving HR’s to everyone and an ungodly BB-rate. TERRIBLE vs LHB.
OAK at TOR
- TOR is hyper-elite on offense now, and the numbers back that up.
- OAK continues to hold down the distinction as the worst offense in MLB for around 45 days now.
- Graveman showing a real HR/9 problem. .325+ wOBA allowed to both sides of the plate.
- Hutchison allowing around 1 HR/9. Reverse split caused by BABIP, but still .320-ish+ allowed to both sides of the plate.
NYY at CLE
- CLE is finally starting to swing a decent stick again after being awful for most of the last two months.
- NYY continue to challenge TOR as the top overall offense in the AL. They smash RHP.
- Carrasco may be the unluckiest pitcher in baseball.
- Severino might just be a stud in the making.
LAA at CWS
- CWS are one of the worst teams in baseball vs LHP, but they have been a consistent top-10 offense over the last 45 days.
- LAA is hungover after their offensive explosion from about a month ago.
- Santiago 22.5% K-rate seems optimistic given the 8.8 SwSt%. Giving a lot of hard contact too. Slight struggles vs RHB, BABIP vs both sides of the plate are suspect.
- Rodon terrible control and decent K numbers. Allowing .394 wOBA to RHB on an equally high BABIP.
DET at KAN
- DET is fading fast with the loss of key bats.
- Anibal struggling with 1.5 HR/9 after skating by for two years. HUGE reverse split.
- Yordano struggling with HR’s this year and allowing a lot of hard contact. .315+ wOBA to both sides of the plate.
TEX at MIN
- MIN is plummeting offensively.
- TEX has flirted with top-10 status vs RHP all year long, and they feast on pitch to contact guys.
- Gallardo pitching to contact with an 8.9% BB-rate. wOBA vs LHB seems low considering his BABIP.
- Gibson is better than you think he is, but tonight isn’t his night.
BAL at SEA
- SEA is finally hitting like they should have been all along with Cruz and Cano back to their old selves.
- BAL is top-10 vs RHP, and finally starting to wake up after being awful for the last month.
- Tillman 8.8% BB-rate. Showing a big reverse split this season.
- Walker K-rate and SwSt% are rising, but still allowing hard contact. Big reverse split
BOS at MIA
- MIA is just bad vs everything.
- BOS is terrible vs LHP, although they have solid individual pieces vs them. Bottom-5 offense over the last 30 days.
- Wright allowing a lot of hard contact. Showing a reverse split.
ATL at TAM
- ATL ended up just as bad as we thought they would be, although it took a Freeman injury and a fire sale to finish them off.
- TAM has generally been bad vs RHP this season, but they have been a top-10 offense over the last 30 days.
- Erasmo is one of the biggest anomalies with an average K-rate with a 12.2 SwSt%.
- Perez has shown awful control and struggles vs LHB.
HOU at SF
- SF one of the best offenses in baseball.
- HOU is great vs LHP, but they also have a high season-long K-rate. The K-rate has plummeted over the last 45 days though.
- Kazmir has been a little lucky.