Gabey is back again with a great breakdown of tonights massive MLB Slate.
Tuesday’s are always huge days for DFS MLB and tonight is no different. With 15 games on the main slate, its going to take some time to break this all down. Well, Gabey and Dean do a great job of that for us today, breaking down each game 1-by-1 for you below.
Once again, a big shout out to Gabey and Dean, two of the Best minds in the DFS Industry for allowing us to share their thoughts here at Daily Roto Sharks. You can follow Gabey on Twitter @ and Dean @ you can also listen to his Daily Podcast over on www.RotoGrinders.com
Here is the link to today’s podcast. I suggest you print out the notes below and follow along;
HOU at NYY
- HOU smashes RHP, but also K’s a lot.
- NYY smash LHP, but this is a tough assignment.
- Keuchel GB% should help mitigate the damage of Yankee Stadium. LHB can’t touch him.
NYM at PHI
- NYM offense is on another planet right now. Throw out the season-long numbers.
- PHI has been pesky good since the ASB, even though the season-long numbers don’t paint a pretty picture vs RHP.
- Syndergaard has been the real deal, now he needs to string together a few quality road starts. BABIP and BB% on the road have been the real killers.
- No Home Jerome is a long ball loving gas can.
SD at WAS
- SD is just awful vs RHP. They K a fair amount of the time as well.
- WAS offense has not rebounded they way we thought it would when everyone came back from injury. Surprisingly high K%, especially over the last 60 days.
- Shields owns a high K-rate, high BB%, allows home runs, and struggles vs LHB.
- I’m still wary of Strasburg’s SwSt%.
LAA at DET
- DET is back to smashing everyone. With Miggy in the lineup they are once again uber-elite.
- LAA goes as Mike Trout goes, and he hasn’t been going so hot lately with his wrist injury seeming to really limit him.
- Weaver allowing a lot of HR’s this year, and getting torched by LHB. Generates a lot of flyballs.
- Simon has control issues, and is getting SMASHED by LHB.
MIN at TAM
- TAM continues to be top-10 over the last 45 days.
- MIN continues to struggle in big spots, with occasional offensive outbursts. They’re much worse on the road.
- Karns 23.5% K-rate is alarming considering his 8.5 SwSt%. Major control issues, and allowing a ton of hard contact plus home runs. Allowing a .297 wOBA to RHB on a .224 BABIP.
- Santana having a tough time vs everyone.
PIT at MIA
- PIT has the individual firepower to be extremely good against LHP.
- MIA has been bad all season vs RHP, but they have the LHB to pile up runs against gas cans.
- Morton getting SMASHED by LHP.
- Hand’s calling card has been struggling vs RHB for some time now.
COL at ATL
- COL’s park-adjusted numbers have them playing terrible away from Coors.
- ATL is the worst offense in baseball right now, but they don’t K a ton.
- Bettis’ numbers even while at Coors aren’t that bad.
- Folty getting CRUSHED by both sides of the plate. He only has a fastball right now, which isn’t enough to survive in the majors. Giving up a lot home runs.
MIL at CLE
- CLE has been picking it up on offense after a LONG dead period.
- MIL is the worst overall offense over the last 30 days. The season long numbers aren’t much better.
- Tomlin is essentially a gas can.
- Wily has a career-long HR issue. He’s been a stupendous gas can vs both sides of the plate this season.
LAD at CIN
- LAD one of the top teams vs LHP after starting the season extremely slow.
- Wood is a pitch to contact guy, which makes him a liability in this environment. RHB have been able to get to him this season.
TOR at TEX
- TEX isn’t great vs LHP.
- TOR top overall offense vs LHP.
- Buehrle continues to be a pitch to contact master.
- Holland hasn’t had overly concerning struggles vs LHB.
BOS at CWS
- BOS is very good against LHP and the top overall offense the last 30 days.
- CWS is one of the worst teams vs LHP, but a top-10 team overall the last 45 days.
- Quintana’s struggles vs RHB seem mostly BABIP-induced.
- Miley giving it up to RHB, and struggling with control.
BAL at KAN
- KAN gonna KAN. Very tough on RHP.
- Duffy has control issues, and getting hit hard by RHB.
- Miguel has been a gas can vs both sides of the plate. Giving up a ton of home runs.
STL at ARI
- STL has not been good vs LHP, and are struggling mightily right now.
- Jaime is VERY good when healthy. Not a K upside pitcher though.
- Ray allowing a 36.7 Hard% and starting to regress vs RHB.
OAK at SEA
- OAK is very bad vs LHP, and they have no power. No K upside though.
- SEA is top-10 over the last 45 days.
- Chavez can be hit by LHB. Solid all-around hurler.
- Montgomery’s control is an issue.
CHC at SF
- SF is one of the top teams vs RHP.
- CHC away from Wrigley are getting no love from Vegas.
- Cain getting hit HARD by both sides of the plate.